Sunday, January 25, 2009

Birthday Weekend Summary

 I have to say and I am going to be completely honest: Didn't really like this musical very much. I never saw the movie (should of I guess) and if it weren't for reading the plot of the play before hand, I would of had no idea what the heck was going on. One thing about Off-Broadway Musicals is, there is one set the whole time. No changing of the scenes or anything. They use props to basically change the scene. 

I was lost. I had a hard time following along and it was hard to understand Mrs. Lovett, she had a british accent and the sound was just not very loud in the balcony. Obviously I was the only one that didn't really like it that much cause it was a standing ovation at the end. People clapped during the play too. They sing everything. 

Spring Awakening was a GREAT musical. More my speed. I guess it didn't hurt that we had like 2nd row seats on Broadway in NYC. I really liked that musical and it's playing in Minneapolis this weekend. We may go. I am looking up tickets right now. 

More to come....

1 comment:

  1. i Never saw the movie or the play oe Sweeney Todd but whatever. I heard it was good. Bad. Ok. All kinds of random things. :) I guess I'll have to be the judge of that one right? Ill see it. Try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete